cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Change a format sheet size

ptc-4926872
1-Newbie

Change a format sheet size

I have a format template that a client gave me a long time a go, it is size E, but i need to make it bigger, when I click sheet set up and define the grid outline, it keeps saying size E. My real problem is that when I try to publish it as PDF it only shows what fits in the size E not the size I defined. Any help?

I am using Creo Elements Pro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry but formats are defined sizes from the moment of creation. However, changing the size just means making a new size. You can custom size a new format and use a copy/paste solution to transfer the information from the original format to the new, larger format. If the new format is smaller, you can transfer smaller pieces and use the transform options to position everything. Technically, a format is a drawing with a few limitations. You can scale, transform, rotate, style, etc...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sorry but formats are defined sizes from the moment of creation. However, changing the size just means making a new size. You can custom size a new format and use a copy/paste solution to transfer the information from the original format to the new, larger format. If the new format is smaller, you can transfer smaller pieces and use the transform options to position everything. Technically, a format is a drawing with a few limitations. You can scale, transform, rotate, style, etc...

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4926872)

I made a product idea for this since I run into it every time I need to make a new format:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Ideas/Allow-format-size-and-origin-to-be-modified/idi-p/498975

Top Tags