cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Change of Material Properties

dbreen
1-Newbie

Change of Material Properties

I'm trying to change the material properties for all the parts which are made from material "A" to a new material "B". I've changed the defined material properties of material "A" in the material_dir into the properties of material "B". However, when I open a part which previously was made from material "A" the material properties aren't updated to that of material "B". Is there a way to change the material properties of all parts made from material "A" into that of material "B" without opening the individual parts?

CREO PARAMETRIC 3.0 (M030)

Thanks in advance

Dave Breen

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:dbreen)

No. The best you can is create a mapkey to automate it. When you assign a material to a part it embeds the material into the part file. This is because of configuration management rules which generally state that if you need to make a change to something you need to iterate or revise it.

Top Tags