cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Change order in BOM-table?

haåman
7-Bedrock

Change order in BOM-table?

Is there a way to controle which way a BOM-table sorts its members? When I have an assembly and create a BOM-table it looks like this:

1.jpg

When I add a part (NEW_PART) this is placed in alphabetical order recieving the number 3. This changes the number for Washer to 4.

2.jpg

I wish to have the newly added part last in the BOM-table so that the other parts keep their original number. Is this possible?

Is it possible to arrange the BOM table after the order the items appear in the model tree instead of in alphabetical order?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
James62
10-Marble
(To:haåman)

It's not recommended to sort partlists with the same order as in assembly model tree but:

Table --> Repeat Region --> Atributes --> No Duplicates

Also, looks like your repeat region is being sorted by the part number column. Make sure you get rid of that in:

Table --> Repeat Region --> Sort Regions

You can also set your own parameter to sort the repeat region table with.

haåman
7-Bedrock
(To:James62)

Thank you Jakub! Can I ask why it's not recommended?

James62
10-Marble
(To:haåman)

Np, Heidi.

Cause as the PTC people use to say this solution is not robust.

What that means in this case is that your repeat region would not behave as you want if you needed to use subassemblies in the top level assembly, because the repeat region would still follow the model tree, and would you want that in this case?

Yet, to sort repeat region this way you would need to restructure your assembly tree, which could, in some cases, lead to introduction of circular references into the assembly.

So, you would always have to be aware about this association between repeat region and the assembly model tree, and then you would have to keep on asking yourself. Hey, I need to flip these two parts, but will this assembly be still allright then?

Top Tags