cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Change state archived

rfernandez
1-Newbie

Change state archived

Hi all

Is there a way I can change the state Archived to work? I'm using the module "Model manager" and I'm the administrator. I´ve made a mistake clicking "archived" while I was changing the state of an assembly from released to work and now I don´t know how to change it again.

I´m desperate!!

Thanks a lot!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you're admin, don't worry, there is a way to fix it, provided:

- you have some MM database knowledge

- you can use Manager Server CLient

- your application is close to the OOTB

- and you need this just for exception purposes

- etc.

If you're talking just about CAD elements, look at their ACL. The ACL could be named as DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL.

Then look at the DT_STATEFLOW table (Search, Advanced). You will discover the different allowed paths betwen states for specific ACL and users/groups. You may adjust the layout to display User/Group, ACLName, SourceState, DestinationState and you will see that there is not path from archived to work for example. This is design intended and should be respected.

If you're able to add an entry to this table like {USR_GRP:sysadmin, ACL_NAME:DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL, SRC_STATE:archived, DEST_STATE:work, STATE_ORDER:100}, then any member of sysadmin group will be allowed to move from archived to work.

Unfortunately you probably cannot add any entry to this table using Model Manager. But you may use "Manager Server Client" apps for that, provided you know how to use it (log as admininstrator, open your folder, create a $GENERAL DT_STATEFLOW entry, that's all).

But beware:

- this process shortcuts most of functions of the standard design or Model Manager (notifications, business rules, etc.)

- you may avoid it as possible to minimize risks of DB corruption

- you should know what you'e doing

- etc.

Hope this will help you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

HI,

The easiest thing to do is just create a new revision.

Mike

Hi Mike,

You can´t be the owner of the part in that state, so you can´t do a new revision with that part again, thats the purpose of the state "archived". If the part is in that state you can't use it again. Also you can't create a copy of that part and save it again with the same name because model manager says that the name of the part already exists.If you create a copy of that part and you change the name of the part, the drawing lose the relation with the part beacuse it's new and you have to create the same drawing again, also if the part is new and you create new revisions with that part the assemblies where you used the previous revisions don't change because they have the "Archived" part. If the state "Archived" is in a drawing you are lost because you can't use the same name again so that drawing is useless for new revisions. As you can see I've tried a lot of posibilities and that problem give me a headache, I can't believe that even being the administrator I can't change the state archived.

Hi Rober,

I'm not sure why you are unable to do it. It works for me.

I reserved the file to my packet, loaded the model file, and did a Major Rev save.

I'm now the owner of the new revision and it's in work state.

Mike

Archived_1.PNG

Archived_2.PNG

Archived_3.PNG

If you're admin, don't worry, there is a way to fix it, provided:

- you have some MM database knowledge

- you can use Manager Server CLient

- your application is close to the OOTB

- and you need this just for exception purposes

- etc.

If you're talking just about CAD elements, look at their ACL. The ACL could be named as DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL.

Then look at the DT_STATEFLOW table (Search, Advanced). You will discover the different allowed paths betwen states for specific ACL and users/groups. You may adjust the layout to display User/Group, ACLName, SourceState, DestinationState and you will see that there is not path from archived to work for example. This is design intended and should be respected.

If you're able to add an entry to this table like {USR_GRP:sysadmin, ACL_NAME:DT_DOC_ELEM_ACL, SRC_STATE:archived, DEST_STATE:work, STATE_ORDER:100}, then any member of sysadmin group will be allowed to move from archived to work.

Unfortunately you probably cannot add any entry to this table using Model Manager. But you may use "Manager Server Client" apps for that, provided you know how to use it (log as admininstrator, open your folder, create a $GENERAL DT_STATEFLOW entry, that's all).

But beware:

- this process shortcuts most of functions of the standard design or Model Manager (notifications, business rules, etc.)

- you may avoid it as possible to minimize risks of DB corruption

- you should know what you'e doing

- etc.

Hope this will help you.

Thanks a lot for your answer Louis, I will talk with my provider just in case I can damage de system. If it works I will let you know.

Louis is right.

The "state flow" in MM is implemented by the DT_STATEFLOW Class.

It is really simple *and* safe to extend the DT_STATEFLOW (=add an element of class DT_STATEFLOW).

I have done that several times in the past.

If you are lucky, I have created an article in the PTC knowledge base....

- Max

Top Tags