cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Change the 'starting' index number on BOM

AjitSingh
1-Newbie

Change the 'starting' index number on BOM

I have an assy with a few subassemblies in Pro/E. The bills and the routings on the floor have all the parts listed under the top level assembly. On the Pro/E side of things, I want to keep things organized and the top level assy to be made up of a few sub-assemblies (I do not want all the parts to be under one top level assembly). I can create phantom parts in our PLM system from where we can pull the item numbers from Pro/E drawings but I cannot have identical BOM numbers on components in the different sub-assemblies (because eventually they are under 1 big assembly in the routings)

By default, the BOM balloon numbers for a drawing start from '1'. Is it possible to change the starting BOM balloon number, and make it start from '100' or '200'? I know we can set the index numbers of item (balloons), but I am looking to start the count from 100 and then follow from there.

Thanks.

Ajit

Ajit Singh | Sr. Engineer | Akron Brass Company | 343 Venture Blvd, Wooster OH, 44691 | Ph: (330)287-7156 | Fax: (330) 287-7134|

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

You create a custom index in your parts and then direct your balloons to use this parameter instead of the default index number. See this post for more detail:

http://portal.ptcuser.org/p/fo/st/topic=3&post=76768#p76768

Regards,
Matt

Top Tags