cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Circuit Data table and Connector Table

glfgy741
1-Newbie

Circuit Data table and Connector Table

Help refresh my memory please? I'm creating parameter driven tables using "from and to" parameters. For some reason the table is splitting wires between the "from" and the "to" side of my circuit data table. ex: 5 pin connector, 3 wires are on the "from" side and 2 wires are on the "to" side....seems like a simple sort ought to fix it but i'm drawing blanks. Any help is greatly appreciated...

In Addition, when creating cross sections and showing back of connector views to clarify pin sequence I cannot remember what the ":att" (ex: &ref_des:att) would be to specify wire name and pin name for a particular pin in the connector...

I'm drawing blanks again on how to get the pin name and wire name parameter driven per connector....

I've attached a jpeg to show what we are after!!

Thanks Y'all...appreciate the efforts!

Curt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
jstone
4-Participant
(To:glfgy741)

Curt,
I believe the first problem is the way the wires are routed. They have direction so they know where they started from and are going to. Reverse the direction of the wires; back at the schematic if driven from that.
On the second issue I have never tried to get a reference designator at the contact unless the contact has a model. If it has a model, show/erase notes should find it. I usually have a table for each connector and the parameters for the cells all start with &mbr.connprm. ie. &mbr.connprm.pin.name
Thanks,
jef

HI all.

In Creo Schematics, you can have the port go to the parent and
and recieve its parent "Name" or "reference designator". Once that is done,
you can then grab it later in the flat, with a conn pinnout that will grab
that conn param for that port. So picture, J3-21 as the Ref des/Pin "Name".

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:18 AM, Jeff Stone <->
wrote:

> Curt,
>
> I believe the first problem is the way the wires are routed. They have
> direction so they know where they started from and are going to. Reverse
> the direction of the wires; back at the schematic if driven from that.
>
> On the second issue I have never tried to get a reference designator at
> the contact unless the contact has a model. If it has a model, show/erase
> notes should find it. I usually have a table for each connector and the
> parameters for the cells all start with &mbr.connprm. ie. &
> mbr.connprm.pin.name
>
> Thanks,
>
> jef
>
>
>
> *From:* Curt Jones [
> between the "from" and the "to" side of my circuit data table. ex: 5 pin
> connector, 3 wires are on the "from" side and 2 wires are on the "to"
> side....seems like a simple sort ought to fix it but i'm drawing blanks.
> Any help is greatly appreciated...
>
> In Addition, when creating cross sections ...

Top Tags