cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Clicking Mouse Won't Get Rid of Dimensions

lcannon
1-Newbie

Clicking Mouse Won't Get Rid of Dimensions

I'm on Creo 2.0 and periodically run into this. When I click on a feature to see its dimensions, I can't get the screen to repaint, no matter how many times I middle or left click my mouse. I usually have to click Regenerate or Repaint to get them to go away. Anyone else see this? I've replaced my wireless mouse twice, and it still happens.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

We see it on fairly rare occasions. Generally, activating the window gets rid of them.

?? I'm in an active window when it happens.

I understand.

Activate it again in an attempt to get rid of the dimensions.

I may as well click regen.

My experience - double clicking with left mouse button away from model will clear the dimensions in 3D models. Middle mouse button won't do anything. Alternate - Ctrl A to reactivate the screen

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Global Product Development Process Management
Administrator - PLM
Creo 2.0, Build M100
President (Northern Ohio PTC User Group)
Tech Committees: Arbortext, Model Centric, System Admin,
Windchill (CAD Mgmt, Infrastructure, Solutions),
Core Modeling, Detail, Surfacing
Adjunct Professor (Lorain County Community College)
Creo 2.0 (M100)
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, OH 44070

You can also hit the Esc key which will clear the dimensions but leave the feature selected in the Model Tree

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Administrator - PLM

Sure.

Depending upon how large the model is and if regen takes a bit of time.
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:lcannon)

I have that happen occasionally...just yesterday. Repaint did the trick without a time penalty. On my current model, Regen or activate would be another couple of minutes (or more) of staring at a non-responsive screen. Not sure why it happens when it does but it's definitely not repeatable. I'll try to remember next time what I was doing that might have caused it.

BrianTaylor
4-Participant
(To:lcannon)

Does anyone know if there is a config.pro setting to map to a custom light file. the default 4 lights in CREO 2 are buggin me I prefer just the 2 default lights from WF4

Brian L Taylor
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Hardware Engineering Center
Space and Airborne Systems
Raytheon Company
972-344-7697 (office)
-

13510 North Central Expressway
Dallas Tx 75243 USA
www.raytheon.com

Brian,

In Creo 2 you have to create a Scene file then point your config option at it to get your desired custom lights.

In my case I have a lights file called 8 lights that I wanted as my default. Here's what I had to do:

1) Go to the Render tab and open the Scene dialog box - choose the Lights tab in the dialog box.

2) In the upper right hand corner you will see Options - select Import Lights. You will be able to browse to your desired light file and select either a .DLG or .LGH file type.

[cid:image001.png@01CFE88E.552A9D90][cid:image002.png@01CFE88E.552A9D90]

3) I chose a file titled "8direction.dlg".

[cid:image008.png@01CFE88E.B7578500]

4) Save the Scene - I called mine "8lights.scn"

5) Last step - use the config option "default_scene_filename" and enter the location for your desired scene file. Restart Creo and that lighting "scene" should appear as your default selection.

Hope that helps!

Mike Brattoli
Moen Incorporated
Administrator - PLM
Creo 2.0, Build M100
President (Northern Ohio PTC User Group)
Tech Committees: Arbortext, Model Centric, System Admin,
Windchill (CAD Mgmt, Infrastructure, Solutions),
Core Modeling, Detail, Surfacing
Adjunct Professor (Lorain County Community College)
25300 Al Moen Drive
North Olmsted, OH 44070
Top Tags