cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Color Lost

BHOoi
15-Moonstone

Color Lost

I have been facing this problem since several releases ago. The colors I assigned to my model lost after I saved my model and reopened in new pro/e session. The original color of a same quit may change to another color or even few colors on its surfaces. It doesn't happen every time and nothing was changed in my config or other settings. Anyone have came across the same problem and what is fix? Thanks in advance.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

Does the problem seem to be related to assigning new colors or modified colors to the model?

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:MarkBohannon)

Looks like it but i am not sure. The model colors were defined in the model and the problem tends to happen more likely to the models with many colors. You encountered the same problem before?

mbonka
15-Moonstone
(To:BHOoi)

Hello,

just an idea: Do you you more appearance files ? (*.DMT file). If you use same color name for different color in different appearances files and than open/switch different DMT file Creo can be confused.

Example:

1st DMT file color BLUE ---> color name BLUE

2nd DMT file color GREEN ---> color name BLUE

And Creo will be confused what color shows. Sometimes it will change color from blue to green, depends on which *.DMT you used last time.

It´s just a tip.

Not sure about 100% functionality

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:mbonka)

i have only 1 .dmt file. This problem happened again today, immediately after I saved my file and reopened it in a new pro/e session. It seems to me that the system can only handle a certain number of colors in one model. I did a simple change in my model - reducing number of colors used in my model and it seemed OK. I will continue to monitor.

mganzer
1-Newbie

What is your option NUMBER_USER_COLORS set to? Have you tried upping the value?

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:mganzer)

Thanks, Mark. I increased(they were not set in my config) my NUMBER_USER_COLORS and COLOR_RAMP_SIZE to 200 & 1000 respectively yesterday. I have not encountered any problem since then. I will continue to monitor. What values would you recommend for those 2 parameters ?

mganzer
1-Newbie

Don't know off hand. If you're working fine now I'd say those values are good .

mbonka
15-Moonstone

ProE Help says:

NUMBER_USER_COLORS

Default value: 200*

Specifies the maximum number of user-defined colors that are available within the Appearance Editor and the Entity Colors dialog boxes.

COLOR_RAMP_SIZE

Default value: -1*

Specifies the number of shades in a color ramp for the display of multicolor, shaded models of simulation or analysis results or both. Your system graphics must support 256 colors and color maps that compress.

BHOoi
15-Moonstone
(To:mbonka)

Thanks, Milan Bonka. I have some questions on the model colors:

1. is there a maximum limit in the number of colors used in a model?

2. what controls the limit, which parameters in config.pro that i can set to increase the limit ?

Top Tags