cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

How to create a boundary blend at a distance from a surface?

simran
6-Contributor

How to create a boundary blend at a distance from a surface?

Hello all...I want to create a boundary blend or a curved plane at a distance from a surface parallel to it, so that i can extrude a certain profile up to that plane but I cant find a way how to do it..please help me out there. I am using PTC CREO 2.0

9 REPLIES 9

The Offset function is what you're looking for.

Change your selection filter to Geometry:

Select the surface you want to offset:

Pick Offset (Model tab, Editing group):

If it's not too complex of a surface, you get an offset at the distance entered:

If you want side surfaces, that is available in the Options tab:

simran
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

Thanks for helping Sir but i actually tried that and still its not extruding upto that surface. It only lets me select the original surface geometry for extrusion and not the offset one.

The part I outlined only creates surfaces. It may require some additional boundary blends, merges and a solidify.

Without seeing the piece you're having trouble with, I may be out of suggestions.

simran
6-Contributor
(To:DonSenchuk)

Thanku dear. I have done it by another method. I really apprecate your help. Thanks alot

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:simran)

Similar to this? I am just guessing, because I am not sure I understand the question.

curve1.JPG

simran
6-Contributor
(To:Inoram)

yeah but it wasnt the text i wanted to extrude. But i found a solution anyway

thanks

Good day Sohaib,

I am glad you found a solution to your problem and thank you for the contributions Matt Griswold

Would you mind sharing your solution with the community Sohaib Imran‌? I am sure many would be interested.

Best,

Toby

simran
6-Contributor
(To:Tmetcalf)

Sure Sir, well I did not actually took an offset of the surface as it still wasnt extruding up to that surface, i instead took an offset of the curve of that surface, extruded it to make a solid surface then mad another extrusion upto that solid surface which worked out quite well.

Yes it was a bit lengthy process but doing an offset of the surface to create a boundary blend wasnt working out for me.

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:simran)

Would simply using offset from flexibile modeling tab do it for you?

Top Tags