cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Color in an assembly

ChristianSmith
1-Newbie

Color in an assembly

I'm using WF 4.0 and I've never seen this before. I have an assembly with many different parts which I'm color coding so that others can easily differentiate between the different parts of the assembly. I've always applied color in the part itself and not had a problem when I bring it into the assembly. All the parts are fine except one part that when looking at the individual part, the color is there. However, when I bring it into the assembly it doesn't show the applied color. Any ideas?
Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You should ask this at the Creo Elements / Pro department.

(this is CreoElements/direct)

---------------------
SolidDesigner-20.5 + PE8 + PhoenixPDM + Solidworks + Blender

is the component a Family table instance? If so, the application of color should be to the generic part. otherwise, the effect will be temporary.

Regards

Joe

nope, the part is not a family table instance, just a regular old part.

One more try..

in the ASM mode, goto colors and there is a button to remove all asm level colors.. try that

Top Tags