cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Combining Map Keys

Rex
4-Participant
4-Participant

Combining Map Keys

I'm re-doing a somewhat complicated map key that quit working when we switched from Creo2 to Creo4. I've broken it down into smaller segments. Now I want to combine them all into a single map key. If I run them individually in sequence they run fine. As soon as I merge them into one large map key they don't work right. If I compare the trail file from when I run each step individually the only difference I can see is the following command placed between my two map key commands:

~ Trail `UI Desktop` `UI Desktop` `ActivateOnFocus` \
`main_dlg_w2`

If I put this command into my merged map key file it still doesn't work.

Any suggestions for how to debug this and get it working would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rex
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:STEVEG)

Not solved yet. I've contacted PTC. They contacted me and I showed them the issue.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:Rex)

Have your 1 mapkey run the other 4 mapkeys. No merge needed.

Doubt you will see any time difference as they run and easier to debug or modify the segments.

Rex
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:BenLoosli)

I tried that and that didn't work either. I've submitted a ticket to technical support.

Thank you!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

What I have done when I hd to rebuild mapkeys is to write down the steps so when building the mapkey itself, you don't forget one click or entry that makes it fail.

Step through the mapkeys step by step to get the proper sequence.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Is there usally a semicolon at the end? Also, any line ending in "\" can have that character removed and the text on the following line brought up. For some reason the mapkeys are recorded with line-wrapping far shorter than the mapkey interpreter can deal with, making the mapkeys much tougher to read than is necessary.

If something is broken in the mapkey interpreter, then something is broken in the trailfile interpreter as well. I hope that isn't the case.

You should be able to just copy the entire mapkey execution from the trail file and use that - open the file, run each mapkey, and copy-paste that segment as captured by the trailfile into a mapkey rather than trying to patch in one line.

A mapkey can run another mapkey.

What happens when your first mapkey calls the second mapkey as his last step?

Rex
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:HamsterNL)

Thanks to everyone for all your great suggestions.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

@Rex

Has this been solved?

Rex
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:STEVEG)

Not solved yet. I've contacted PTC. They contacted me and I showed them the issue.

Top Tags