cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Component operations > Copy

cleamon
1-Newbie

Component operations > Copy

My company just moved from Wildfire 4 to Creo 2.0 and I notice that he component operation copy does not work the same anymore.

Used to be while in an assembly I could pick this copy command, select a number of components and then it would ask me if I wanted to change any dimensions or not then would ask for new references for each component that was not assembled to a component with in the copied set. If I did not want new referenced I could just pick "same" and move on. Once finished it would create a group with all the copied components in it.

I cannot figure out how to get it to work that way. Am I missing something?

Thanks, Chris

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cleamon)

Try "Feature Operations" instead of "Component Operations." A component is a feature of an assembly, so I think this should work for you.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JLG
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:cleamon)

Try "Feature Operations" instead of "Component Operations." A component is a feature of an assembly, so I think this should work for you.

cleamon
1-Newbie
(To:JLG)

That was it. The mapkey that I was using must have been using feature copy instead of component and I just didn't know it.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags