cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Config option to allow a gtol to a created dimension?

GregMerz
1-Newbie

Config option to allow a gtol to a created dimension?

Team,

I can't remember! What is the config.pro option that will allow you to attach a gtol to a created dimension in drawing mode.

ProE gives the error: "You cannot link a part/assembly gtol to a drawing dimension".

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

I think the one you may be looking for is:

allow_refs_to_geom_reps_in_drws

It is set to 'NO' by default.

Randy

Nope. Didn't help.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:somanna)

If you created your dimension before you made the config. pro switch (create_drawing_dims_only NO), then that dimension is still created in the drawing. Recreate the dimension and try making the gtol again.

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:somanna)

Check this out 

CS17031

Hi Greg,

Verify if your config.pro option create_drawing_dims_only is set to NO (default). If it's set to YES, you will not be able to link the gtol to your created dimension so change it to NO.

I often have to toggle that config option since my company policy is to not create dims in the model, only in the drawing.

Patrick

This solution didn't work.

bkurth
7-Bedrock
(To:GregMerz)

Hi,

I use mapkeys to switch back and forth so I can put a dimension in on the fly and be able to attach a GTOL to it.  Then I can quickly switch back to my default setting and not have to go out into the options area.

We are using Creo 3.

Hope this helps...Brian

Here are the mapkeys:

mapkey ddon @MAPKEY_LABELDrawing Dimensions Only NO;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ CellSelect `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.AssyTree` \
mapkey(continued) `node0:create_drawing_dims_only : yes : 3` `ac0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel` 1 `no *`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;
!
mapkey ddoy @MAPKEY_LABELDrawing Dimension Only YES;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;~ Close `main_dlg_cur` `appl_casc`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Command `ProCmdRibbonOptionsDlg` ;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `PageSwitcherPageList` 1 `ConfigLayout`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ CellSelect `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.AssyTree` \
mapkey(continued) `node0:create_drawing_dims_only : no : 3` `ac0`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Open `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Close `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Select `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel` 1 `yes`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ FocusOut `ribbon_options_dialog` `ConfigLayout.EditPanel`;\
mapkey(continued) ~ Activate `ribbon_options_dialog` `OkPshBtn`;

Create a datum sketch in the model that represents that dimension; then attach the Gtol to that. Don't poison the model with drawing dimensions.

Preferred approach: redefine the model so the feature is controlled by the dimensioning scheme you want on the drawing.

Top Tags