cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Copy BOM Balloon Layout

Chirs33
6-Contributor

Copy BOM Balloon Layout

Good morning all,

I have created a BOM drawing with all balloons positioned as I want them. I would like to create a second sheet which is exactly the same but without the "Rev" column in the BOM table as it is for a different audience. Is there a way to copy the position of the balloons from the original drawing?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:Chirs33)

Not directly.

The way I would do it would be to right mouse on the sheet tab and then use copy sheet and modify by table to remove the column I don't want. 

@StephenW wrote:

Not directly.

The way I would do it would be to right mouse on the sheet tab and then use copy sheet and modify by table to remove the column I don't want. 

Same what thought of. I used this method plenty of time and it always worked good.

customwriting

I need to loop through certain files in a given directory and run the following on each file:

copy /b BOMMarker.txt+InputFile.dat OutputFile.txt
This inserts the contents of the BOMMarker.txt file at the start of the InputFile.dat and writes the output to OutputFile.txt

I found this question which explains how I can loop through the folder to load each file into Powershell, but how do I apply the "copy /b" command so that I can get the BOM marker at the start of each file?

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:rihaankhan)

Try the following code:

Regards,  Dan N.

$dir="c:\temp"

$BomFile="C:\temp\BOMMarker.txt"

foreach ($file in gci $dir -Filter "*.dat")

{

$OutFile=$file -replace(".dat",".txt")

New-Item -ItemType file $OutFile –force

Get-Content $BomFile,$file | Set-Content $OutFile

}

$dir="c:\temp"

$BomFile="C:\temp\BOMMarker.txt"

foreach ($file in gci $dir -Filter "*.dat"

https://get-shareit.com/

Top Tags