cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Copy Geom for Sketches

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Copy Geom for Sketches

Does anyone know if something similar to external copy geometry exists for sketches? I have used linked sketches, dependent copied sketches, and "use edge" sketches, but none of these are really giving me what I'm looking for. Here is what I am trying to do, and the limitations I've run into so far.

1. Copy a sketch from one part (skeleton) to another. (Possible with only with use edge and dependent copy. Linked sketch must be tied to geometry creation.)

2. Have the dimensions for the copied sketch be visible in the child model. (Possible with linked sketch and dependent copy only.)

3. Be able to position the sketch in the child model independent of where the child model sits in the assembly relative to the skeleton. (Possible with dependent copy only.)

4. Have the geometry of the sketch be able to completely change without failure. Same functionality as copy geometry for quilts. (Possible with linked sketch only.)

5. Be able to break the dependency if needed, and possibly reconnect the dependency later. Again, like setting a copy geometry feature to independent. (Sort of possible with dependent copy - varied items.)

I want the master model to be able to control the geometry and dimensions of the sketches. I want the model the sketches are passed into to still have control over how that sketch is used and where it is positioned, but at the same time still show the parent dimension values and possible separate some, or all of itself from the parent (if necessary). Any ideas? Thanks.

Tom U.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
pfariello
1-Newbie
(To:TomU)

Anyone notice that the zoom in and out using the middle scroll wheel in Creo 2 is very slow if the model is set in an orthogonal view, i.e. default left, right, etc, or sketch view. If I rotate the view just a little bit, the zoom in and out is much faster.

Regards,

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Dr. Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
phone: 972-792-3303

Tom,
Having the sketch in a model and use it with Merge/Inheritance using the inheritance option in the child model could be a flexible solution for you.

/Bjarne
pfariello
1-Newbie

Is it possible to turn off the auto preview for round creation in Creo? When I select the edge it shows the round as the solid and it takes forever when I have to select multiple edges? Ugg.....

[cid:image002.gif@01CE14DE.B8C470E0]

Thanks,
Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Dr. Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
phone: 972-792-3303
-<blocked::<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">">mailto:->

mheath
5-Regular Member

Patrick,
You can always use the "Intent Edges" and it will select all of them at once.
Mike
Top Tags