cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Correcting mass for plating

Chris3
20-Turquoise

Correcting mass for plating

Has anyone come up with a creative way for correcting pro_mp_mass for plating? I have an aluminum part that I am going to nickle plate. I would like pro_mp_mass to be correct.

I realize I could write a relation, manually input the data or create an assembly with the finish as a separate component but I would rather not do any of those things.

Any other ideas?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

maybe you can use Alternate mass properties for this specific part.

alternatemp.png

MH

Martin Hanák
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:MartinHanak)

Yes, as I stated in the OP I understand I can write a relation or set the numbers manually in the mass definition box. I was looking for something better.

Top Tags