cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cosmetic threads in Creo 2

jmayer
4-Participant

Cosmetic threads in Creo 2

Hi.

I've searched but can't really find what I am looking for.

I'm having difficulties showing threads correctly on the drawing. Here are some screen captures to show what my issues are.

Here is what the cosmetic thread looks like on the model.

model_thread.PNG

Here is what the cosmetic thread looks like on the drawing.

thread.PNG

And here is what the .pdf file looks like when generated.

drawing_thread.PNG

I do not want the vertical lines of the cosmetic threads to display. Is there a way to get rid of them or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Jason

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11
DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:jmayer)

Make a cross section?

1.jpg

jmayer
4-Participant
(To:DavorGranic)

Here is what my section looks like.

Are there config options that I can change?threads_section.PNG

Thanks,

Jason

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I have threads on a part that are going through all. But when I bring the view into the drawing, the threads don't stop at the part, but continue on into space. Can someone help me figure out how to have this stop at the part's edge? Thanks, Dale

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Dale did you try selecting outer ring surface to define thread lenght?

Or maybe hole that you are using for thread is defined as blind with lenght greater then ring thicknes.

2.png

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:DavorGranic)

After I posted and before I got your response, I tried redefining the holes to two planes that I created for start and stop points relative to the surfaces. This did not stop the threads from continuing on into space. This was created as a threaded holes all together with the hole

SylvainA.
4-Participant

Does the hidden line removal for quilts option still exist in Creo 2.0 ? (I'm using WF5)

If so, it could help you (View properties>View display>Hidden line removal for quilts)

Surely after all these releases, now we are at the "Creo Revolution" a standard engineering feature like this should be handled correctly and should display properly in drawings.

PTC's failure to sort the countless deficiencies such as this is simply not good enough. I am seriously questioning my reasons for staying with Creo.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

MIGHT be able to erase the line under the layout tab, under line style. Why though? The line DOES exist because it's the start of the thd. Yes, it's not like doing it old school on the drafting board, but to me it's not a huge deal to see things like that on a dwg. I have my tangency lines set to phantom in most cases in dwg views, which is definately not old school, but I think adds to underestanding the organiclly sculpted shapes we have today.

Best of luck.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:Patriot_1776)

Or depending on the end use, just cut the real helix on there. I know, not the fastest solution.

drush
4-Participant

PTC has been doing this for 35 years or so now. And we still have to deal with this crap?! Absolutely amazing! We are the idiots because we keep giving them money. In return we get endless frustration and poor productivity.

WayneN
3-Visitor

I don't think you can turn the vertical lines off. I just leave them alone. Annoying as it is.

Top Tags