cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Create a copy of an assembly in another assembly

ptc-5106202
1-Newbie

Create a copy of an assembly in another assembly

I am trying to add two assemblies (a) and (b) into a third assembly (c). I only need some of the parts from (a) and (b) in (c). How can I copy (a) and (b) so that when I delete the part files I don't need it doesn't delete them in the original assemblies (a) and (b) as well?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-5106202)

You could create a family table for assemblies A & B.

When you assembly them into part C, you could assemlbe the various sub assemblies of A & B.

C contains complete A and B

C1 contains A1 and B1

C2 contains A2 and B1 (or whatever combination)

For the family table you could have assemlby A be the complete assembly and A1 be the parts needed for the C1

This actually treats them as separate subassmelbies (which they are).

Thanks,

Dale

Second way is using simplified representations of your assemblies A+B. Than use thise two simplified rep in assembly C...

Check these web for Simplified Representation

Save-As has many options but please 1st understand well how Creo treats parts in memory.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Either way, becareful what your assembly constraints are so that if you delete a component (or don't assemble it in a family table) that it doesn't prohibit the parts that you require from assembling (or deletes that too) becasue a constraint is tied to the part removed.

Top Tags