cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Create group directly from 3D window or any simpler way

venkatraj
12-Amethyst

Create group directly from 3D window or any simpler way

Hi,

I have nearly a thousand parts in my large assembly. I'm trying to create groups inside the assembly. But it is very difficult for me to pick each part for a group in the very long model tree. I have to scroll up/down the model tree many times, pick the necessary components, drag them to a single place & then group it. It is a tedious process. 

Is there any other way to create group by directly selecting parts from 3D window or by rule or any other way.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@venkatraj 

You can create group by selecting the components from graphics area, select components RMB > Group.. but there will be some conditions in this, as ... components should be at same level in assembly...  and in between components will also part in group. 

Hi @Mahesh_Sharma 

Is there no way we can by-pass the conditions? Like, somehow I can pick any parts in model tree irrespective of the level & components between them.

Thanks!

@venkatraj 

You cannot omit such conditions.. 

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:venkatraj)

You can select multiple items that are not sequential  and drag them in the tree.  As long as you move one position they will all move to new position and all together.  Any items that are also need to move do to relations will also move.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags