cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Creating Diameter Dimension in Drawing Like Sketcher Allows in Parts

DC_6935478
1-Newbie

Creating Diameter Dimension in Drawing Like Sketcher Allows in Parts

I must be losing my mind.

Didn't Creo used to allow making a Diameter dimension in drawing mode of a side cross section edge or point using the 3 mouse clicks just like you can in part sketcher mode?

I have a cross section view of a part that I want to CREATE a diameter type dimension from a centerline to an edge.  The entity was not made in the part mode with that feature dimensioned as a diameter so I cannot just show the dimension.

In part sketcher mode, you can easily make a diameter dimension by left clicking the edge, left clicking the centerline, then left clicking the edge a second time and placing the dimension.

I swear the exact same steps could be done in drawing mode when making an annotation dimension but it is not working.  I am using Creo version 7.0.5.0 and all it does when I perform those clicks is try to make a length dimension of the edge itself, not a diameter dimension.

2 REPLIES 2

Yes, you can do this, but lately it's been a little buggy for me. Let me know if it works for you.

1. In the drawing, enter into the dimension tool.
  2. Hold CTRL while picking the geometry reference and the centerline axis.
  3. Before middle-clicking to place the dimension onto the drawing, hold the right mouse button and select "Double Value".
  4. Middle click to place the dimension.
  5. If you want the dimension to span across the centerline like a normal diameter dimension, select the dimension, hold the RMB, and click "Show witness line".
  6. At this point, the dimension looks like how I want it - great!! Unfortunately, this is where it gets buggy for me. When I regenerate, it usually ends up flipping and will act like the GEOMETRY I selected is the centerline, not the actual centerline. Extremely annoying.

I'm on 9.0.6.0 but I know it has behaved this way in prior versions as well. Hopefully it's been fixed in later versions.

Hi @DC_6935478,

I wanted to see if you got the help you needed.

If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the Accepted Solution. It will help other members who may have the same question.
Of course, if you have more to share on your issue, please pursue the conversation. 

Thanks,
Anurag 

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags