cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creating Dynamic Text

ptc-4737800
1-Newbie

Creating Dynamic Text

I wish to create a dynamic text within a table cell that counts the numer of symbols on a drawing.

This would be used to update the number of revision triangles in a drawing.

1. How do I create dynamic text?

2. How do I code the text to count the number of symbols of a specific type?

Thanks

Miguel

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Miguel,

I think it is not possible to get number of symbols using standard Creo functionality.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Thanks Martin!

Beyond standard creo functionality, is there any add-ons you might recommend that might be able to facilitate this?

Miguel

Miguel,

I think you can contact your VAR. I hope they will be able to tell you who can develop a custom application with requested functionality for you.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Miguel,

you can count number of symbols in Drawing mode using the following procedure.

1. click Binocular icon at the bottom of the windows to open Search dialog box.
  2. in Look for field set Symbol option
  3. in Look by field set Symbol option
  4. activate Attributes tab
  5. select Name option
  6. select Equal to comparison type
  7. set symbol name in Value field
  8. click Find Now button
  9. results panel contains requested information

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Yes. I am aware of that.

But when you do that, it counts all the symbols and does not distinguish between specific ones.

So my revision triangles are counted with my welding symbols.

So this does not serve to help me populate the number of revisions field.

thanks

Miguel

Miguel,

I tested Search funcionality with drawing symbols. I set the appropriate symbol name in Name field and Find Now returned the correct quantity.

If you can, please upload some example data. I can test searching them.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Ok great.

I'll look a bit further into it.

Thanks

Miguel

Top Tags