cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creating axis for the 3D cylindrical part from .STP file.

ychannaiah
3-Visitor

Creating axis for the 3D cylindrical part from .STP file.

Hi All,

I have a model of a 3D clyindrical part in step format(.STP).

How to create the sweep path for the same if I want to create a sweep of different contour but along the same path?

please help me.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Maybe not the most robust solution but with this model it will work to intersect 2 sketches.

You would use the silhouette edges as sketch references.

You may need a little more cleanup work but it is possible to do this.

There is a complex kink where the transition is not smooth. This may require special attention if this is critical.

This is another technique you might like.

copy_centerline.PNG

I am using the edges provided by the import model to drive a sweep. The model has sufficient opposite edges to use an origin and a chain. The sketch is 2 equal length lines where one is construction and the other geometry. This generates an surface edge that can be use for subsequent sweeps.

Top Tags