cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Creo 2.0 Sim Reps

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Creo 2.0 Sim Reps

We are VERY new to using Simplfied reps and I am wondering when you open a Light Graphics rep and all you see is boxes....how do you actaully show a light graphics view of the assembly???

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7
kaerts
5-Regular Member
(To:GregOlson)

Hello,

Do not use Light Grapics, u need to use Envelope parts.

We have some ASM with more then 10000 parts, this is one Envelope-Part.

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:kaerts)

Can you explain why we shouldn't use LG reps?

kaerts
5-Regular Member

Hello,

You don't know what you are doing with LG Reps.

What i do

• Make a ASM
    • With skeletons, parts
    • Make a default envelope of this ASM
    • Make a REP (name), with all default envelope rep & keep the skeletons in master rep
  • Place this ASM in a upperlevel ASM
    • placing with/on the skeleton
    • then make in this ASM a rep where u set default masterrep, but for the ASM above u use the REP(name)

Do not assemble the envelope part, but use rep!

This is a good way to handle large models.

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:kaerts)

You don't know what you are doing with LG Reps.

That is why I am asking about them.....

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I think he meant it more like "you don't know what Creo is doing with LG reps".

As in it is doing something generic that works only for some users but you have little or no control over exactly what it's doing.

His method gives you complete control over the simplified rep.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish by using simplified reps?

We use simp reps for a couple of reasons.

1. large assembly management - reduce the memory usage to open a model

2. to show a sub-set of parts or assemblies on a drawing that may not be clear when done in other ways

3. variation to products - although I don't consider simplified reps as a good way of managing product variations it comes in handy sometimes when you need to show some variation but you don't want to create a family table.

I haven't experimented with light graphics rep so I'm not sure how it works or what it's purpose is.

Simplified representations is a good tool, but how do you calculate mass properties of simplified assembly? If you calculate mass properties in simplified assembly it will be one value, but if you calculate mass properties in master representation it will be other value. In every iteration of mass properties calculation creo will be think that assembly is changing, and it need to be save and check out from workspace.

kaerts
5-Regular Member
(To:pburtsev)

Stephen, your correct.... you don't know how Creo is making this light grahpics.

Yep had problems with Simplified reps & windchill check-out.

You need to set in config.pro for Windchill

mp_calc_level assembly_only

mass_prop_update_force_change no

save_objects changed

If you solidify the envelope-part (default=surfaces), then the weight is correct.

Or give the envelope the correct weight, in the mass-prop window.

Top Tags