cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Creo 2.0 and Zuken e3 Linking?

dthanos
4-Participant

Creo 2.0 and Zuken e3 Linking?

Hello all,

I currently have a schematic complete in Zuken e3 series (cabling). I have the Zuken e3 Routing bridge tool as well which I am using to export (XML file) the schematic data (cable OD, bend radius etc) into Creo/Cabling (Creo 2.0).

I have modified the Pro E export map code to allow for only certain criteria to be exported over...there was a lot of junk in the base export map code that I did not need.

However, upon bringing the XML file into Creo...it appears as if nothing has changed. Even lines of code that I completed deleted in the export map are still being read.

Example attached - i don't want OBJ_TYPE to be read in CREO so I removed it from the export map...but it's still being read in.

Any ideas? Has anyone modified the ProE export map before?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Hello,

I have a similar case my counterpart uses SolidWorks as MCAD software and Zuken E3 as ECAD. SWX is struggling to handle large assemblies. If i have to use creo cabling i need following information:

1. What is the input i need from Solidworks?

2. What file format i need to take from E3 to be imported into creo?

Thanks

Top Tags