cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Symbol appearance after Creo upgrade

JonasC
4-Participant

Symbol appearance after Creo upgrade

Hi,

symbols in drawingsymbols in drawingafter upgrading from Creo 2 to Creo 5 I now find that sometimes symbols (such as +/-, °, diameter, ...) in drawings changed their appearance. It used to be a single line (ISO font?) and now is more like a bold character as shown in the picture. It might be related to the model template because sometimes I get the old form and measures that are created in the drawing get the new form. The same is true for the symbols in the picture: the first GT belongs to the part (thin line), the second one belongs to the drawing (bold). How can I get back the old form? The thick characters make pdf exports ugly and hard to read.

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JonasC)

I only have to find out, how I can configure this setting right by using config files. I don't know yet where to set it for the model...

You can't.  It's only set in the detail options area (of both the model and the drawing).  This is one of the exceedingly frustrating things about detail options.  There is no way to administratively control them.  They have to be manually set on every single drawing.  Obviously this is a huge pain with a large number of already existing drawings.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomU
23-Emerald IV
JonasC
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

thank you for your reply! I also just found that option in an *.dtl config file (on our system it is DIN.dtl but I think this has been customized by us). Although I could only change the font for the drawing.

So now I know that I have the same setting both (separately) for the model and the drawing, thanks!

I only have to find out, how I can configure this setting right by using config files. I don't know yet where to set it for the model...

TomU
23-Emerald IV

You can't.  It's only set in the detail options area (of both the model and the drawing).  This is one of the exceedingly frustrating things about detail options.  There is no way to administratively control them.  They have to be manually set on every single drawing.  Obviously this is a huge pain with a large number of already existing drawings.

JonasC
4-Participant
(To:TomU)

Well, I don't care so much about the old drawings. I think with this option being set in our DIN.dtl config file it should get at least new created drawings right. There has to be some way to do the same with the model. I'll look into it tomorrow!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Also make sure you change it in any of your drawing templates. (models and drawings)

Hi,

if you use drawing templates then you have to modify their detail option settings).

If you do not use drawing templates then you have to modify your DIN.dtl, this file is mentioned in config.pro option named drawing_setup_file.

Martin Hanák
JonasC
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Is there also a part config file that I can specify in the config.pro?

Drawings are fine now with using the DIN.dtl

Parts created with our template are also fine (this is when parts are created for bottom up modeling).

But parts that are created as "empty" (used for top down models) still have the wrong symbol font. Is this where @TomU said there is no way of administrative control?

Hi,

I think that for empty parts is used following config.pro option

model_detail_options_file

Martin Hanák
Top Tags