cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 2.0 drawing dimension decimal

pfariello
1-Newbie

Creo 2.0 drawing dimension decimal

I though I knew how to set this, but it does not seem to be working. Any suggestions? The primary dimension shows with no decimals even though it is set at 2 places. The secondary dimensions show lots of decimal places even though it is set at 1 more than the primary.
[cid:image003.gif@01CDECD6.7A890910]

[cid:image004.gif@01CDECD6.7A890910]

Thanks,

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
1300 E. Lookout Dr. Suite 150
Richardson, TX 75082
phone: 972-792-3303
-<blocked::<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">">mailto:->

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:pfariello)

The primary showing no trailing zeros is per the ASME Y14.5M spec. for metric dimensioning.
My guess is that your 20 is actually between 19.995 and 20.005, therefore rounded to 2 decimal places gives 20.00, then apply Y14.5 to get 20 . The secondary is to the max display, which indicates that the dimension is driven from an intent dimension rather than a fixed dimension.

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

I do appreciate the response.

The 20 dimension is 20 exactly. The dimension shown is not a model dim but a dimension created in the drawing. (even though the model dimension value is also 20)

I changed the lead_trail_zeros to "std_english" which give gives me the zeros now on the 20, but still need to figure out why the secondary dim is not cooperating.

This worked fine in WF3, trying to find out what is changed/ added.

[cid:image003.gif@01CDECDC.C906D1C0]

Thanks,
Patrick Fariello
CommScope
Richardson, TX 75082
bfrandsen
6-Contributor

Will setting the config.pro option round_displayed_dim_values YES round the value upon creation? Same functionality as default having a tickmark in Rounded Dimension Value in the Dimension Properties dialog.
This should only be set default to Yes, if you always can accept the value rounded to the number of decimal places defined.

/Bjarne
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Did some experimenting.

Dual_dim_diff set to 1 will give the desired results, but only if the dimension was created with dual dimensioning enabled.

If I create a dimension with default of no dual dimensioning, then change the value to primary[secondary], it will display like shown and you cannot change it. Create a new dimension with dual_dimensioning set to primary[secondary] and it shows properly.

Sounds to me like there is a bug when changing a dimension from primary to primary[secondary].

Thank you,

Ben H. Loosli
USEC, INC.

Ok, back at this. I do not see this option when I search it???

Patrick Fariello
CommScope
Richardson, TX 75082
Top Tags