cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Creo 2 Admin .ui/ribbon questions

jselland
1-Newbie

Creo 2 Admin .ui/ribbon questions

Hello All,

I'm setting up a base (admin) ui file for our team that will contain some company mapkey icons, shortcuts, etc. This admin ui will be read only and each member will have their own to customize on top of it per this outline (thanks to Vladimir Palffy). I have a few questions:

1. First off, does it work as advertised? Can I keep the admin ui locked down and controlled while the users apply there own changes over the top of it? Or is there wacky side affects?

2. So far i've found there are 6 ribbon/quick access toolbar environments that need to be set up separately; prt, sheetmetal prt, asm, drw, sketcher, and startup. And each has its own quick access toolbar. Am I missing any?

3. Should the admin UI be named creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui or admin_creo_parametric_customization.ui? I've found it listed each of these ways on the internet.

Also, load_ui_customization_run_dir is set to NO as I don't want 50,000 .ui files floating around.

thanks for any info!

Jared

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

Depending on what you use you may want to activate a part within an assembly and create this as one more "environment".

Also the name is: creo_parametric_admin_customization.ui

At least this is whati I have and it does work.

^^ thank you! I would have missed that one. I will also check to see if an active asm within an asm needs its own also.

Edit: active asm within asm has a unique environment also

Someone here or at PTCuser coutned something like 40 different modes as I recall. Most of us only use a half of a dozen. You've captured most of them, I believe. A skeleton part may be another, I don't recall if it's different or not.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

that's encouraging.... I'll check skeleton as well. Also Layouts maybe. I'm the only one who knows about skeletons here but i'd like to implement them in the future.

I wish the QAT would remain constant through all environments. And the option to keep or duplicate ribbons through other environments would be nice. Insert Creo rant here.

thanks guys

That's from memory, but it was a silly number. But, as I said, few people use more than a few regularly.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags