cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 2 Model Tree Icon?

MikeMarcoux
11-Garnet

Creo 2 Model Tree Icon?

I've run into a model tree icon that I've never seen before.  It looks like a graph icon, but it's yellow.  Does anyone have an idea of what this is, and what feature it represents? 

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can check if there are relations that depend on these graphs by opening up Tools->Relations dialog box, selecting "Section" in the "Look In" field and then selecting the sweep.

You might see something like sd6=EVALGRAPH ("GRAPH_3", TRAJPAR * 360)

It seems Creo Parametric does not keeps track of the parent/child relationship when it comes to graphs.  I have a part where I can change the graph which drives a sweep section and nothing changes - it will not be updated until you "edit definition" of the sweep feature and then exit (without making any real changes).

worse, if you delete the graph, the sweep will remain, but who knows when things will start to fail?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

those are datum graph features.

They're probably being used by that last sweep in your tree to vary the dimensions of the sweep cross-section according to the graph profiles.

That's what I thought Paul, but they don't seem to be referenced by it.  They have no child or parent listed.  When I interrogate the feature, it's says that they are a "graph". 

You can check if there are relations that depend on these graphs by opening up Tools->Relations dialog box, selecting "Section" in the "Look In" field and then selecting the sweep.

You might see something like sd6=EVALGRAPH ("GRAPH_3", TRAJPAR * 360)

It seems Creo Parametric does not keeps track of the parent/child relationship when it comes to graphs.  I have a part where I can change the graph which drives a sweep section and nothing changes - it will not be updated until you "edit definition" of the sweep feature and then exit (without making any real changes).

worse, if you delete the graph, the sweep will remain, but who knows when things will start to fail?

Wow.  How odd.  There are no relations in the sections drop down either.  I was wondering why nothing failed when I deleted the graphs either.  This must explain it.  How very odd indeed. 

Top Tags