cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Creo 3.0 Creating different drawings from the same model

Ajay2
4-Participant

Creo 3.0 Creating different drawings from the same model

Hello people,

I hope someone can help. I am a newbie to PTC Creo but have 25 years experience with Solidworks, Inventor and Catia.

I have recently created a 3D model and 2 drawings from that model. The drawings are different in that the first is a fully detailed drawing for manufacture and the 2nd is a drawing with only some basic dimensions that is being used for quotation purposes.

I took the fully dimensioned drawing and done a 'save as' and deleted some dimensions, tolerances and views from the saved drawing. Now when I go back to the original fully dimensioned and detailed drawing there are dimensions and tolerances missing and even the decimal places have changed to that of the 'save as' drawing.

I believed that these two drawings would be fully independent of each other even though they use the same model 😞

I have also found the same issue when creating different drawing from models created in Family Tables even though the referenced model in each drawing is a different instance.

Can any gurus out there please please help a very frustrated designer

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags