cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 3.0 and windows 10 cloud - lockups

shanus
1-Newbie

Creo 3.0 and windows 10 cloud - lockups

Hello community,

Of interest to you; after updating to windows 10.

Although I run Creo from the 'cloud' (non PTC cloud), I have had lock-ups every couple hours, which require full system reset, (no re-boot just reset), then re-load.

This happens when model/assembly would hi-light either from me directly, or accidentally as cursor passed over.

System generally slow.

I disabled the mis-named 'smart' filter and turned off hi-light to work around (very much slower). Lock-ups still occurred when I needed to hi-light.

Solution; Graphics driver already up to date, Java update, and Bop-Da-Dahhhh switched back to using Internet Explorer! rather than Microsoft Edge.

This cloud business being highly Internet intensive. Creo also seems to run faster/smoother. I am so happy again with my friend Creo.

Creo update to M100 which supports windows 10, not investigated.

Creo 3.0 M080

Windows 10, 64 bit

I5-4200M 2.5 Ghz 8 Gb ram Laptop

GeForce 820M video memory 2G

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:shanus)

Your lock ups may be from the unsupported video card. GeForce cards are not supported.

Creo3 m060 and higher are supported on Windows 10.

Define what you mean by 'cloud'? I have run Wildfire/Creo from a server install for the past 6+ years. I would not consider that to be a 'cloud' install.

GeForce 820M, OpenGL 4.4

Ah yes Creo supports windows 10 since M060 ref; https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS219828&source=Bloop

Cloud; Company is on VOS (go.vospro.net) all our applications are through them, stored, backed-up.

Technically I run Creo on their system and hardware, where my graphics card is of no concern, it is all about the network connection.

Thanks for responding.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

I disagree, your graphics card is still processing the image data locally.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

But it will have no impact on the performance of Creo since Creo can't "see" the end-user's graphics card.  Only the physical card in the remote hosted machine will impact Creo's performance.  This sounds very similar to what PTC is doing with "Creo in the Cloud".  Everything is crunched on a remote machine and the end user just needs a web browser.  No special video or ram requirements at all.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Does the host server have a proper graphics card that supports Creo?

Are you actually launching Creo 'locally' or using a web browser to look at Creo running on the VOS server?

Using web browser through Vos, after logging-in on their site.

Does host have supporting graphics card? I don't know, but will ask next time I call them.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:BenLoosli)

Your lock ups may be from the unsupported video card. GeForce cards are not supported.

But work fine.

shanus
1-Newbie

After several iterations of toggling various graphics settings in config.pro,

The correct solution was to set config option - fast_highlight = NO

I still enable highlighting through SELECTION and config option - enable_face_preselection = NO

No effect from various display quality or fsaa.

Fishing helps!

Top Tags