cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo 4.0 Appearances look terrible in "samples"

KenFarley
21-Topaz I

Creo 4.0 Appearances look terrible in "samples"

We recently (last week) switched from Creo 2.0 to Creo 4.0.

I have a number of appearances I've used for years that consist of a basically "white" (equal parts red, green and blue) color with a distinct highlight. It gives subtle coloring without being gaudy, accentuates curvature, etc. With Creo 4.0, when I attempt to define the appearance of a part, the "sample" depictions of the different selections does shows more of a black blob than a nicely colored sphere. See the image below for an example.Creo 4 Color Sample.pngIs there something I'm missing (settings, etc.) that is keeping the Appearances menu from showing a useful representation of the appearances I've defined? It's kind of hard to select a particular one from a bunch of colorless blobs.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

I had a somewhat similar issue when we went from 2.0 to 3.0.

I found if I removed the config.pro option pro_texture_library it solved my issue.

Not sure yours is the same problem but it might be related.

pro-texture.jpg

I checked my config.pro and I don't have that particular parameter set. But, that doesn't mean they haven't added some sort of default setting....I'll have to investigate.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:KenFarley)

On mine it was the path to the graphic-library. I sort of assumed it was something we had copied over from PTC files in the past and instead of installing the those things on everyone's machine, they set it to a network folder.

I never researched past that to see if there was something in that path that "darkened" all the colors but it made a significant difference in how the color balls showed in the appreance editor.

*edit*

The way I figured this out was to take my config.pro and cut it in half and isolated the problem. Repeated that process over and over until I was down to about 10 or so options then looked for likely culprits.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags