cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo 4.0 GTOL control frame font issues

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Creo 4.0 GTOL control frame font issues

Still learning 4.0, but have an issue where the control frame font is different on a feature versus free note/note attachment. In the attached picture, the top frame is on a dimension and looks normal. The second frame is how it looks when I attach to a note or use the frame as a freenote.  The third frame is still a free note, but if I copy the modifiers from the control frame attached to a dimension, they appear normal. However, I cannot change the position symbol as it is from a drop down menu. Any ideas how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2
JeffR
4-Participant
(To:Aaronm87)

I have the exact same problem.  It seems to be the unattached or illegally attached (punished with filled font or bolding) GDTOLs.  For example, when you must GDTOL (common) a AS5202 port per a port tool.  The drawing callout would be only:

AS5202-05

EXCEPT AS SHOWN

GDTOL control frame here

The leader should point to the intersection of the port axis to the port face per drawing standard.  Since is seems to be impossible to attach the GDTOL leader to the actual port feature with the leader pointing to the correct location, then you have no choice (always a section view) but to make the leader a free point or attached to geometry or datums -- that does not connect to the relevant feature to eliminate the bolding punishment.  So if do not have the leader connected / attached to the relevant feature, then Creo seems to force bold or filled font upon the GDTOL symbols.  Is there a drawing.dtl or config.pro option to turn this off?

I'm running Creo 6.0.3.0, Creo 6.0.4.0, and loading Creo 7.0 soon.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:JeffR)

Top Tags