cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 4.0 Stability?

lpitts-2
2-Guest

Creo 4.0 Stability?

Hi All,

I am looking into possibly upgrading to Creo 4.0 (from Creo 2.0). My primary concern is stability. I just started testing M010 build and have experienced 2 crashes in a very short period: 1) creating a simple lattice and 2) showing a datum on a drawing. I have not starting looking at advanced surfacing and modeling as this limited testing already concerns me. I would like to hear from anyone who has upgraded and your success or issues. Please also indicate the type of product you design.

Thanks,

Leon

3 REPLIES 3

crashes constantly, 2 a day at least. And i'm about to create another thread about circular references which are all but impossible to not create now.

anewbauer
4-Participant
(To:dbutcher)

I was wondering if the new quick command box that they added is causing the crash? Solidworks added that about 9 years ago (PTC copied it).

The circular references that 4.0 does has me dumbfounded as well. I created a new skeleton inside an assembly and rearranged parts and got all kinds of issues.

However overall 4.0 is much more friendly to basic engineering procedures like top down design in my opinion!

scampbell
6-Contributor
(To:lpitts-2)

We are running 4.0 M030 on 12 workstations and it looks to be just fine - given the improvements in workflow it is absolutely worth upgrading.

Turn off the warnings for circular references.

Top Tags