cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo 4 Datum Target Far Side Leader

motormayhem
5-Regular Member

Creo 4 Datum Target Far Side Leader

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble with the new Creo 4 datum target symbols. When I set the leader line type to far side (dashed) it displays the dash size I want in the drawing in creo, but when I export the drawing as a .pdf the dash line spacing is too big. Is there a way to edit this? What is causing the difference between drawing and .pdf?

5 REPLIES 5
amcbride
4-Participant
(To:motormayhem)

Motormayhem,

I am experiencing the same issue but Windchill publishing (which is very similar to exporting PDF). We are currently working with Creo 4.0 M050. What build are you currently working with? I do not recall this issue with M040 but I cannot confirm this. 

Were you able to resolve your issue?

Thanks!

TomU
23-Emerald IV

It is possible to configure PDF output (and CAD worker publishing) to use a pen table, and a pen table can control the line spacing.  I would suggest starting there.  Take a look at this page:

http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_pma/usascii/#page/fundamentals%2Ffundamentals%2Ffund_two_sub%2FTo_Change_Plotting_Pen_Attributes.html%23

motormayhem
5-Regular Member

I have not been able to resolve this. I am using M050. I tried the pen table route, but ran into the problem that the balloon and leader use the same pen so setting the pen to dashed results in the balloon note becoming dashed as well.

I wonder whether you can control the line spacing with the LINE_STYLE_LENGTH dtl option? I don't have Creo 4.0 to test but the steps in my post at https://community.ptc.com/t5/Detailing-MBD-MBE/PRODUCT-IDEA-quot-Allow-scaling-of-hidden-lines-in-drw-quot/m-p/550702#M26270 should apply

amcbride
4-Participant
(To:jbutler-2)

I tried both settings and the DASHFONT_S_S worked for me. I found that a value of "8" looked the best on the drawing that I was working with. I am just looking into if this setting may influence any other lines on the face of the drawing before we fully implement this as a permanent fix.

Thanks!

Top Tags