cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Creo 4 Sketcher/Constraints

cadcam
12-Amethyst

Creo 4 Sketcher/Constraints

Dear All

I trying to redo some notes re Creo 4 and the new sketcher display

Some questions which are puzzling me

1) If you have multiple 'equal' constraints, highlighting the one of the icons gives the tip message say

Constraint (Equal Radii, Strong). and that is it. Is there a way of getting it to show the value of the equal radius?

I notice if you select the second generated object (e.g. radius) the first/driving icon is also dimly highlighted but still no value. There doesn't seem to be any highlighting of icons after the second constraint

If possible I would like to have an option which allows all equalities to be  highlighted, ideally a selectable bright colour (possibly flashing) and the highlighting of the driving dimension,

I have checked the environment options, is there a config.pro option which does something like this?

2) The snapping to references is always useful and the projected line is nice. However I am seeing situations where it snaps in two directions and cases when it doesn't. I had assumed this is to do with the search range, is there a way to temporarily extend/contract the range ideally in x&y and also x or y? and/or cycle through the possibilities especially after a h or v constraint has been locked. Have I missed something being able to use the projector to easily choose between constraints on a similar horizontal/vertical displacement?

However the difficult case is either from a mid point or end of line in a line chain (either draw or generated by say rectangle). Is there a way of switching them on as horz & vert snap points with the new dotted projector?

3) Is there a way of scaling the size of icons on the screen? We often lecture to 90-300+ students and the old system of V, H, L1 etc was reasonably visible on a projected screen. The Icons, at the default size, look very similar!

Best Regards

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags