cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Direct Modeling Simplification functionality

ptc-204635
2-Guest

Creo Direct Modeling Simplification functionality

I love the fact of the simplification functionality. Loading a model from ModelManager and you have the possibility to select a Simplify part instead of the complex, detailed part is really the functionality a lot of users need. For performance enhancement, for fast layout creation or for fast drawing creation.

But my problem is in the modeling functionality of simplification. Creating simplification from simple parts is no problem. But when you start to use the functionality on assemblys the problem start. If you use the fixed functionality, all the shared parts in the other assemblys are becoming isolated parts. If you work with the merged functionality, the parts should get new names and there should not be a problem with isolated parts. Except if the parts have different resolutions or even without a reason some parts just don't get a new names. Also my assembly is not one block but still has a lot of parts.

Solving this situation is realy hard and at the end users don't use this functionality.

My solution would be that I can create a simplified part (because I love the way how it is stored in ModelManager) but I can modify my part without to have the problem with shared parts. Al my parts inside my simplified assembly should have new SIS id's (like the functionality Inseparable). And I should be able to make my simplification with normal Modeling commands like, delete, cut, unite, etc.... So at the end if I want a simplication that looks like a Cube I just can create that form.

Are there other user who also have promblems with this functionality or does anyone have a deasend solution for this?

I don't know how I can use this functionality the best way.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Peter,

I have a customer working heavily with simplifications.

Will ask this customer if he is willing to share his experience and use model with you.

Regards,

Max

Top Tags