cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Creo Distributed Batch w/ Windchill - Super Slow

ptc-2151062
1-Newbie

Creo Distributed Batch w/ Windchill - Super Slow

Hello all,

I want to use Creo Distributed Batch (Standalone) to create PDFs, STEP and DXF files for several hundred parts and drawings on Windchill. I was able to get Distributed Batch working, and for the most part, it does the job. However, it seems really slow. As a test, I selected 5 drawing from Windchill and ran a PDF DRW Multi Page Export. This took about 4 minutes per PDF. At that rate, it is still faster, albeit more labor intensive, for me to open each drawing and do a manual export with some mapkeys.

Any ideas why it might run that slow? I noticed that for every PDF, Creo starts in the background, does its thing, shuts down, and starts again for the next PDF. This seems terribly inefficient considering it takes about 30 secs just to start a normal session of Creo on my system.

For the configuration file, I used my normal everyday custom config file to run the batch. Could this be part of the problem?

Regards,

Andri

Creo 1.0 M050

Windchill 10.0 M030

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Andri

Yes, I have the same experience. I am using AV ScriBatch free tools for this now. Here is a little example.

Software consultant.

Radovan,

that looks like a nice tool, though I am reluctant to use it until there is documentation in english.

Another option I've looked into is the Spekan Batch tool, however, I can't seem to find the right link to actually download the software, plus I don't know if it works with Windchill. I know this tool has been mentioned quite a few times on this forum, does anyone have experience using it with Windchill?

Andri

Look at comments on http://communities.ptc.com/groups/hezky-cesky/blog/2013/03/06/av-scribatch-tools-aktu%C3%A1ln%C3%AD-verze

For more info about AV ScriBatch Tools you can ask Petr Zemanek

Regards

Radovan

Software consultant.
Top Tags