cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.0 is available to download and 21.0 plan is out

ljin-2
2-Guest

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.0 is available to download and 21.0 plan is out

Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 21.0 release plan is 2018.3 referring http://support.ptc.com/cs/product_calendar/PTC_Product_Calendar.htm.

But there is few enhancements in V20.0 referring to https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS237747. Hope will add more enhancements into V21.0

13 REPLIES 13
VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:ljin-2)

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

I just checked and there is no download option yet for version 20 from the PTC software download page. I assume that it will be made available soon?

Just downloaded v.20 from the download page and installed it. Don't forget to install the License server v.20, too, in order to run Modeling 20.

No, the 20 version is already available for download. Here is a direct link: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=CML

Pic_1.png

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

I still don't see it.

I just checked and I see version 20.0.

I first logged into PTC.com, then went to Support > Software Downloads > Order or Download Software Updates > COCREATE & CREO ELEMENTS/DIRECT MODELING > Release 20.0.

I do know that these pages are dependent of the software licenses that your company has, so if your company doesn't have a support contract for newer versions, they will probably be invisible on this page...

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:jkramer)

Thanks. We should have a support contract for version 20, but I'll check.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

Is that list of enhancements complete? I saw a reference somewhere else that spaces are now allowed in part names with version 20.0, but that isn't on that enhancement list.

lbai
4-Participant
(To:PeterKehoe)

yes, I just confirm with TS this is the full list, also include the one you said.

• More Flexibility in Naming Components
    • You can use spaces and the plus sign in component names.

Only six enhancements for Modeling and one enhancement for drafting.

So few enhancement, why name big release 20.0? should be 19.1

gzhou-2
2-Guest
(To:lbai)

Just few new functionality, much less than previous each release 18.0/18.1/19.0, about PTC investment on cocreate modeling, very very disappointed.....

udyna
4-Participant

It seem pure direct modeling market is becoming smaller and smaller. 

The fashion design style is parametric+direct modeling, so Creo Parametric add flexible modeling extension and new app Creo Direct. Creo Direct can data exchange Creo Parametric with "zero" gap. So after Creo Direct 5.0, 6.0 or 7.0 ...become more stronger, PTC WILL expire Creo Elements/Direct Modeling completed.

rlampa
1-Newbie

Where can I find/buy a new license of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling 20.0 ?

// Rolf

VladimirN
24-Ruby II
(To:rlampa)

Rolf,

You can find PTC's software reseller in your region here: Find a Software Reseller - PTC

Top Tags