cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Creo Parametric: Bold texts when symbol used.

akhadka
1-Newbie

Creo Parametric: Bold texts when symbol used.

Hi all, I'm getting bold texts on printed drawing outputs (hard print, pdf or postscript) whenever I use a symbol. See the attached picture. Does anybody know how to fix this? Regards

bold texts.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

in CR2 M070:

• I opened drawing
  • I changed font to win_font
  • I created PDF using Save As command and Use TrueType Fonts option
  • I created PDF using Save As command and Stroke All Fonts option

It seems to me that the output is OK. See attachments.

I guess that the problem is related to diameter symbol. Try to remove it temporarily from the note and test PDF creation. If problem disappears, then I guess that the problem is caused by bug present in CR2 M010 (you version).

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi,

this can be caused by color assigned to text in symbol definition.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

(Not sure if I'm doing it right) I've tried going into Note Properties - Text Style and changed the colour there but seems to have no effect. Do I need to make changes on System Colors? Please shed some light.

Thanks

Hi,

to be able to help I need example data created by you. Use How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. to attach data files.

MH

Martin Hanák

Here's the drawing file. Really appreciate your help!

Hi,

I cannot open the drawing, because you did not send me FORK_02.PRT model.

MH

Martin Hanák

Sorry, I've attached part and drawing files here.

Hi,

in CR2 M070:

• I opened drawing
  • I changed font to win_font
  • I created PDF using Save As command and Use TrueType Fonts option
  • I created PDF using Save As command and Stroke All Fonts option

It seems to me that the output is OK. See attachments.

I guess that the problem is related to diameter symbol. Try to remove it temporarily from the note and test PDF creation. If problem disappears, then I guess that the problem is caused by bug present in CR2 M010 (you version).

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Yes, diameter (or any) symbol was causing this issue and you are correct. Using a default or win_font seems to fix the problem. I'm guessing this is something to do with mismatch between 'Arial' font and symbols or some sort of bug in the program.

Anyways thank you for your great help. Really appreciate it!

Regards

Ashish

Hi Steven,

I'm using Creo Parametric 2.0. I tried changing Note font type to default and this fixed it for me. However, if I change back to 'Arial' which I was using, error seems to remain.

Thanks for your help!

Top Tags