cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Creo Simulate pin constraint problem

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite

Creo Simulate pin constraint problem

Hi,

Maybe someone can help me understand this:

I've tried recently to simulate a click effect on a custom-built connector and had problem with Creo Simulate.

This is simple assembly just to show the problem.

One part is  constrained with pin constraint but  when viewing simulate results it seems not to turn but tries to return to start position like on a spring.

Pushing part just turns it a little and then slides below it. First i thought friction is the problem but its not.

Am I not understanding what pin constraint in Simulate actually does?

1.png

Attached are avi of simulate result and assembly.

4 REPLIES 4

Perhaps you're running LDA(large deformation analysis)!

DavorGranic
14-Alexandrite
(To:y于)

Yes, but without large deformations I can`t use finite friction. And when I don`t use large deformations without friction I still get similar result.

The large deformation analysis is the very real deformation,that's right!  Another reason for this result is the load you use(grav)!

We've seen other issues to do with large rotations and LDA (Enforced displacement, tangential direction, more than 1 revolution).

Just to see what happens, try creating a point at the centre of your pin; creating a rigid link from the hole bore to the point; and constraining the point in all translations and two rotations - just leaving the rotation about the hole axis free.

Top Tags