cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Slow while navigating sheets

vrajan
5-Regular Member

Creo Slow while navigating sheets

Hi Guys,

I am using Creo 5. We are using large assemblies in my drawing.

The problem is while navigating the drawing sheets it takes about 5 - 10 minutes from one sheet to another sheet.

The graphics card is high specification

If there are any tips that could be followed to make it fast please provide here.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Your problem is all about smart filter in bottom right corner. Try to choose another filter such as Anotation or symbol and you will get really faster.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Drawing Representations could be the way to go, depending on what you are doing in your drawing.

To open the drawing quickly select the drawing and Open Rep - go for No Views and it will open without the models and without views.

You can then use Tools > Drawing Representation > Create (if you do not have this option then your licence cannot create drawing representations so stop reading now!)

Drawing reps carry out a number of commands in the order in which you put them into the Drawing Rep Tool dialogue box.

Make a tick next to 'Delay View Command(s) Until Execute and then for example start with Erase all views (the default if you open No Views), then you can say Display Individual views, all views on sheet x etc. remember to use the Add button and when you select Execute it will carry out your commands. The Drawing Display tab allows you to automatically go to a selected page/view and things like that so you can really streamline your drawing activity.

Hi

Go to tools / options Find force_wireframe_in_wireframe and set to yes by default. You can change in config.pro directly

Close Proe and start again, hen you open the drawing you will see the diference in navigation in drawing sheet.

You can create 1 macro that is force_wireframe_in_wireframe no and only when you need to export/print you apply the macro that you have created.

Best regards

Magno Bastos

Hi

Your problem is all about smart filter in bottom right corner. Try to choose another filter such as Anotation or symbol and you will get really faster.

Hi

Hugo, read carefully what Vivek Rajan wrote, the problem while navigating the drawing sheets it takes about 5 - 10 minutes from one sheet to another sheet ie becouse every time we change from sheet, before the next sheet to be displayed must be update, has nothing to do with the smart filter!

The quickest way to open the next sheet without wasting much time is disable the force_wireframe_in_wireframe and set to yes by default

Vivek, try and give us feedback

Magno Bastos

Hi, already did. But i manage to reduze lots of time between sheets with the smart filter.

It takes only 5 seconds to try so no big deal.

Hugo,

I do not think we should be talking about the same problem,

I work with large assemblies and to solve the problem of changing sheets and not delay the system the only option is changing the variable force_wireframe_in_drawings yes,

were the findings of PTC and technical staff.

If with the change of the smart filter we have significant results is because you have some layers being created that are delaying the system.

Smart Filtering only starts working if you pass the mouse over the drawing, otherwise it makes no sense the system becomes slow because you're only changing sheet.

Think about it

Magno Bastos

vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:HugoBarosa)

Hi Hugo,

Thanks a lot buddy. First i thought that the tip you gave will not work as same the way Magno felt. But i tried by keeping it in "Draft group" in smart filter and the sheets got navigated in about 10 to 15 secs.Thanks a lot dude

No problem Vivek, thats what the community is all about.

Mark the answer resolved in that case, so that people with same problem can try the same thing.

vrajan
5-Regular Member
(To:HugoBarosa)

Yeah i will. I will check with one or two more drawings and i ll mark ithe answer for sure. I didnt expect this much easy way of solving this issue Thanks buddy.

Also, am trying the MagnoTemidoBastos & Charlotte Halstead way of solving it.

Hi!

With Charlotte option, you will get no views and you will have to show them later when changing sheet.

With Magno option you will open drawings faster , but not helping you between sheets.

My bet is smart filter but i would put Magno option in cfg file or even creating a macro with a icon so you can change anytime you want. I have that option in config file for many years and its a "must have" option

Hi Vivek Rajan, I switched the option is:

force_wireframe_in_drawings yes

Sorry

Magno Bastos

Top Tags