cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo Units Help

ptc-4340542
1-Newbie

Creo Units Help

Hello,

I have just noticed that my units are still using inches and pounds even though I have went to options, configuration editor and then changed the unit of length to mm, and mass to kg.

I have tried going onto prepare, edit, then changing the setting to millimeter kilogram sec but each time i make a new part I have to change this setting.

How do I make this setting the default setting as it is getting very annoying.

Thanks

Andy

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

When you open a new part it asks you if you want to use the default template. Uncheck this and it will open the dialog that lets you choose other various templates including metric parts and assemblies.

You can also change the default template in config.pro. You can point to your own, or one of the many default templates provided. In the config.pro editor, just "find" "template" and you will see many that can be set.

Hope that helps.

Top Tags