cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Creo failing to run

lingham
1-Newbie

Creo failing to run

I have been trying to install Creo 3.0 onto my PC, initially it didn't install the actual application, so was recommended to install the 32x instead of the 64x. That allowed Creo 3.0 to install the program files, however it now refuses to launch.

I have tried launching it in administrator mode, running it in compatibility mode for windows 7 and 8 to no avail. I have tried launching all the creo programs installed and the only one that does anything is PTC Creo Modelcheck, which opens the cmd window briefly and then shows start options. However pressing run then closes the windows and nothing happens

I am running windows 10, with a Nvidia Geforce GTX660 graphics card and 8Gb of RAM and i5 intel processor.

Any help much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ok I have finally fixed this. Uninstalled all creo programs, then went into the program files (not x64) and deleted the PTC folder. The reinstalled creo 3.0, and it worked, came up with some script errors on the home page but otherwise works fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Hi Lawrence,

You may want to take a look at this thread for further information on the compatibility between Creo 3.0 and Windows 10:

Creo 3.0 compatibility with Windows 10?

Thanks,

Amit

Lawrence,

from my point of view it is not good idea to install Windows 10 on old PC. Nvidia Geforce GTX660 was released in 2012 - are there Windows 10 drivers avilable ?

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi

Thank you for the link - although that seems to state that it should run fine just might need to sort out mouse scrolling.

Yes there are windows 10 drivers available for NVidia GEforce GTX660 and I have the most up to date drivers installed. I have never had a problem with anything else because of windows 10 on this machine, never even had to launch applications in compatibility mode before

According to Microsoft my graphics card meets the specifications for windows 10 - but that's another debate and I respect your opinion, but don't see any issue myself.

Lawrence

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II
(To:lingham)

Regardless if your PC is good on Windows 10, PTC has not certified any version of Creo for it.  I'd stick with Windows 7 until PTC releases a Window 10 compatible version of Creo.  According to this document, PTC plans on supporting Windows 10 on both Creo 2 & 3, but there are no dates or builds listed yet.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

I accept that Creo isn't supported yet on 10(think I read somewhere it will be supported in January?) but as I've already upgraded to windows 10, and there is evidence of it working on 10. Seems kinda pointless to revert to 8.1.

Thanks for the feedback everyone but it looks a bit of a dead end. I'm attempting to install 2.0 instead and see if that works.

Lawrence

just to report Creo 2.0 still works as usual

Lawrence

Mahesh_Sharma
22-Sapphire I
(To:lingham)

Lawrence,

Seems you make it working, you may mark your replay as correct answer for the post.

The reason I have not selected a correct answer, is that I was attempting to run creo 3.0, (and need it to be that to be compatible with the university labs). Which I have failed to do. The problem still exists, I have just reverted back to 2.0 as a compromise, although it's far from ideal.

ok I have finally fixed this. Uninstalled all creo programs, then went into the program files (not x64) and deleted the PTC folder. The reinstalled creo 3.0, and it worked, came up with some script errors on the home page but otherwise works fine.

Top Tags