cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Creo to IsoDraw

malbright
1-Newbie

Creo to IsoDraw

I have searched the forums hoping to find a solution for my issue but have been unsuccessful.

When combining more than one assembly in Creo View 1.0 then exporting as .pvz, the file does not display when I attempt to open in IsoDraw 7.1. Has anyone else had this experience who can offer a solution?

These files appear to open in IsoDraw normally at first - the Product View import dialog appears but when I select OK the model does not appear in IsoDraw - the Objects palette displays my part number identify but when expanded nothing appears besides the Standard and Background layers. No geometry appears - even zoomed out all the way and entirely off the grid - no geometry

If I export an untouched .pvz from Creo View 1.0 it loads and views normally.

Thanks for any assistance,

Mark

Running 64bit Windows 7 Enterprise Service Pack 1.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hello!

Mark Albright wrote:

...When combining more than one assembly in Creo View 1.0 then exporting as .pvz, the file does not display when I attempt to open in IsoDraw 7.1. Has anyone else had this experience who can offer a solution?...

Can you attach this PVZ file?

My apologies VladimirN,

I am unable to share the pvz file due to confidentiality. I have been attempting to recreate the problem with files I could share but the issue doesn't seem to occur unless the files I'm combining are larger assemblies - which create a confidentiality issue to share.

Mark Albright wrote:

My apologies VladimirN,

I am unable to share the pvz file due to confidentiality...

OK.

Try to test this file (in PVZ and PVS formats) in Creo View 2.0 and Arbortext IsoDraw 7.2 - the latest releases.

Thank you VladimirN,

I am currently attempting to upgrade to Creo View 2.0/IsoDraw 7.2. I will attempt to process the files again after I am able to install my upgrades.

Top Tags