cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cross section does not show properly in drawing when a surface is on the same plane as section

AdrienKLEIN
9-Granite

Cross section does not show properly in drawing when a surface is on the same plane as section

Hello Community!

We've had difficulties with cross-sections in a specific situation :

We want to show section like hereunder to detail the hole profile : 

AdrienKLEIN_0-1699980080080.png

And this is the result we get :

AdrienKLEIN_1-1699980166343.png

It seems to be related to the section plane position : I believe this is because there are counterbore surfaces on the same plane as section plane and Creo seems to absolutely hate this :

AdrienKLEIN_2-1699980668792.gif

In every community post I saw that were slightly similar to my case, the best working solution I saw was to set an offset for section plane. I tried here with a 0.01 mm offset and it works.

Do you have any idea where it comes from? And is there any other resolution to this problem than cheating with an offset?

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Have you tried changing your part accuracy to something smaller? Maybe you could try a z-clip (view details -> Visible area -> Z clip)  although I am not positive if that would help.

In general Creo has issues with small slivers of geometry. If your part accuracy is not tight then the silver resolves to nothing and Creo doesn't no how to show that causing issues like this.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:AdrienKLEIN)

If I remember correctly from other discussions it might be from the way Creo treats cylinders as two halves and you are on the the half portion when trying to make the section. By offsetting it slightly, you are now on one half or the other and not the border between the two halves.

A possible "trick" to get around this might be to create an offset section rather than a planar one. You could sketch a line through the hole/counterbore you want to show in the section, then "jog" the sketch so it does not coincide with the bottom of the other bores. Might look better.

Also, check that your accuracy is absolute and set to an appropriate value. I've had lots of difficulties with models that use what was the default relative accuracy, when features are very close to each other.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags