cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Crossections from Creo Parametric

ysinitsin
1-Newbie

Crossections from Creo Parametric

It is possible to see a cross sections (xsections) in a part/assembly, if the a cross sections was made in Creo Parametric?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
9 REPLIES 9

OK... Let ask in another way.
How you collaborate with your team in company if you want to make the 3d part/assambly without the 2d drawings.

I mean, how to show all necessary dimensions, tolerances, PMI, cross sections and etc? For example, now I have a problem. When I show a dimensions (annotations) in cross section in Creo Parametric, after export to Creo View I don't have an access to this cross section. In this case some dimensions are shown inside solid part and, therefore, they not visible.

How you 3D parts with GD&T and PMI in Creo Parametric to share with the others? What is your methods? Please, give me advice.

vzak
6-Contributor
(To:ysinitsin)

In Creo you can go to Annotate tab, Show whatever dimensions you want and associate them with combination state.

You can also associate XSEC with combination state, as well as layers state etc.

In order to create DRIVEN dimensions / GD&T etc - just use Annotation features. They have any kind of GTOL, Surf Finish etc that you may want. Any annotation created in certain Combination state will be only visible in it and will not scramble default model appearance.

ysinitsin
1-Newbie
(To:vzak)

Combination state - is exactly what I need. But how to use them in conjunction with PDM? How to see this in Creo View?

As I know, combination states are don't exporting in Creo View.

Or I mistaken?

vzak
6-Contributor

Good question Yaroslav, I hope one of Creo View experts will comment on this (I am not one of them, unfortunately)

As pointed out by Bill Ryan, please ensure that the correct recipe settings are turned "on". To publish combination states or View Manager states from Creo Parametric, follow the below steps -

1. In the recipe Editor, goto Parameters -> Miscellaneous Tab

2. Go to the section "Author States" and ensure that "All States" option is turned on.

Hope this helps, else please let me know.

Hi Madhavi,

What do you mean by recipe Editor and in what mode? Model or Drawing?

ASME Y14.41 is the standard. Annotation, as Zak says, is the appropriate way to represent this in Creo.

BillRyan
15-Moonstone

Your desire to "reuse" content generated in Parametric for the "View" environment with parts and assemblies is what a lot of customers want. The recipe settings along with the file driving the Windchill publisher is how we are manipulating the content available from Parametric. Also, if you want collaboration with assemblies, you will want Creo View to load the latest versions of the subcomponents existing in Windchill. In this type of environment, I'd recommend looking at positioning assembly type publishing.

The link below is good information for the recipe file.

http://www.vizpundit.com/2013/08/15/recipe-editor-lesson-1-understanding-the-interface/

hostroske
12-Amethyst
(To:BillRyan)

Make sure you are only using planar sections inside CREO Parametric. In case of a skeched section , you are not able to view them in CREOview. Also simplified reps by region are not possibel to see in CREOview.

Top Tags