cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Custom IFX Library in Creo 6

kboyle
7-Bedrock

Custom IFX Library in Creo 6

Having an issue where my socket-head metric screw menu is blank even though the .dat file has dozens of options. There are three other screw types in my 'mm' catalog: low head, flat, and round. Those three files work fine (and are built the same as the socket head). I cannot figure out the how and why. I will include my files

There are no options for THREAD in the SHCS-MM window. All three other sizes work/ match the .dat file.

kboyle_0-1617734791125.pngkboyle_1-1617734819913.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

there are errors inside your shcs-mm file.

You always have to separate your entries with ONE tab.

tabs_error.png

Also the extension of the fastener data file must be 'dat'.

Regards,

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@kboyle wrote:

Having an issue where my socket-head metric screw menu is blank even though the .dat file has dozens of options. There are three other screw types in my 'mm' catalog: low head, flat, and round. Those three files work fine (and are built the same as the socket head). I cannot figure out the how and why. I will include my files

There are no options for THREAD in the SHCS-MM window. All three other sizes work/ match the .dat file.

kboyle_0-1617734791125.pngkboyle_1-1617734819913.png

Hi,

I hope @OliverGräbner can help you.

Martin Hanák

Hi,

there are errors inside your shcs-mm file.

You always have to separate your entries with ONE tab.

tabs_error.png

Also the extension of the fastener data file must be 'dat'.

Regards,

Oliver Gräbner
B&W Software GmbH

Oli,

I figured I had errors in this file but it was beyond me on how to resolve them. Thank you for the info and quick lesson! I did not realize I needed one TAB spacing. I respaced the two column headers and the file works. Such a simple fix. I know better now.

Thank you.

Keith

Top Tags