cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Custom Qty's and still being able to split

ptc-4615790
1-Newbie

Custom Qty's and still being able to split

So I am trying to create a custom qty for my repeat region to feed into a BOM balloon.

The goal is I have a piping assembly and the pipe is clamped in several locations with various hardware attached to it.

I would like the custom qty to output the pipe length for the required part but the rest of the qty's should more or less stay the same.

I have created a custom relation that goes something like the following.....

IF exists("asm_mbr_pipe_segment_len_center")

QTY=asm_mbr_pipe_segment_len_center/12

ELSE

QTY=RPT_QTY

ENDIF

Meaning if it is a section of pipe it will output the qty in feet (Since my default parameter is recorded in inches). This is all fine and dandy.

I created my custom balloon and tied it to the respetive relations. However now my issue is I can create my symbol (For example my pipe is roughly 54 ft long) and it spits out the correct qty..... That being said this assembly also contains several clamps. I would like the balloons to be split so I can show a balloon for each clamp but using the custom qty relation means I can no long "split" the qty of different items.

Now every time I put a balloon down for a clamp it shows the total qty on each balloon (In my example i have 15 clamps and each balloon displays 15 in the qty field with no way to show qty 1 per balloon)....

So is there some way to create a custom qty balloon but still be able to split the qty's for regular parts?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags