cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA reading the model

ptc-292364
5-Regular Member

DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA reading the model

Hello, I'm setting up our company standard .hol files. I want to define a hole with the hole command and show that model information on the drawing. My problem is when you define the shape in the hole command for a counterbore or counter sink the note information from the DEFAULT_CALLOUT_FORMAT_DATA reads the .hol file. Is there a way to have it read the actual model information and not what is in the .hol file? It is not reasonable to have have a it read the .hol file for something that is variable. I have attached an example. You can see that the note is not reading the model information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Maybe your callout is using the tokens that pull the information from the .hol file and not from the parameter that takes on the user-assigned value, eg:

pausob_0-1664905346096.png

i.e you are using CBOREDEPTH and you want to use CBORE_DEPTH ?

Have a look at this help page:

Using Tokens in Thread Notes 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Maybe your callout is using the tokens that pull the information from the .hol file and not from the parameter that takes on the user-assigned value, eg:

pausob_0-1664905346096.png

i.e you are using CBOREDEPTH and you want to use CBORE_DEPTH ?

Have a look at this help page:

Using Tokens in Thread Notes 

ptc-292364
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

That is it!!! Thank you for understanding and the help!!

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-292364)

Reading the parameters from the .hol file is by design. The hole is created from those same values, so the callout should be accurate. If you modify the values of the hole, the callout format has no way to know what the new values are. 

If your holes are company 'standard' and do not match the values in the PTC supplied hole files, create your own entries or modify the hole files to match your company requirements.

The reason it cannot read the actual changed dimensions is that the system when creating the hole has no idea what the dimension symbol will be to put into the callout. Therefore it has to rely on the information in the hole file.

Maybe an enhancement request for the hole to rename the dimension symbols so they match the callout symbol name would allow the callout to change when a user modifies a hole after it is created.

Top Tags