cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

DXF/DWG scaling

RobertH
13-Aquamarine

DXF/DWG scaling

I already know there are a lot of discussions about this topic but I think this indicates that using the correct scaling in Creo is too complex.

According to this article it should work by adjusting some config.pro settings but for me there is also something unclear. The thing is that with "main scale" there is a suggestion that this is the scale that is shown on the left bottom side of the drawing window in Creo Parametric (also set in the drawing parameter "scale").

But my current experience is that the scale that is used for the DXF/DWG has some sort of relation to the scale of the view that is first in the drawing view tree.

The setting below on yes is what I want but the "...view named main_view..." brings in some confusing. What is the definition of "main_view"...

dxf_out_scale_views
yesno*
Specifies whether to scale drawing views when exporting to the DXF or DWG file format. This configuration option is available as the Scale drawing views when exporting to DXF or DWG format 2D data exchange setting in the Creo Parametric Options dialog box.
yes—Rescales the entire drawing such that the scale becomes 1:1 for the view named main_view.
no—Exports without rescaling the drawing.

When I export the drawing below, I get a DWG where the views that do not have a custom scale, are scaled with a factor 3,5 (7:100  == 1/3,5) so a length in a main view of 1000mm is measured as 3500mm.

When I only change the scale of the ISO view to the "Default scale" (which then becomes 7:100 instead of 1:50) and then make a export with the same settings. The views do not have a custom scale are scaled with a factor of 1 so a length in these views of 1000mm is measured as 1000mm.

Creo_export_scale.png

So can someone explain this? And probably this is not stated as a bug but as a feature (I have some experience with PTC..) is there a solution where the export just uses the the main scale (that is located on the bottom left screen) and then scale all views that are set to "Default scale for sheet" such a way they become 1:1 in the DWG/DXF?

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags